Wednesday, October 19, 2011
|More about Greg|
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Thursday is the day to follow the technology theme. Here's what you do.
1. Start your day with the morning Kick-Off session:
2. Choose from a variety of presentations throughout the day focused on Technology and Mathematics. See list.
3. Conclude with a Reflection session:
Learn <-> Reflect Strand: Reflection Session with discussion leaders Cheryl Giordano, Brian D. Rawlins and Christina Tondevold
Thursday, October 20, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
This culmination session of the Learn↔Reflect strand will facilitate a discussion of four reflection questions. Those who attend the Kickoff, at least one Learn↔Reflect session, and the Reflection session will earn a personalized certificate. The four questions are as follows:
- What role does technology play in providing multiple representations and opportunities for communication to help students develop mathematical understanding?
- How does technology influence your instructional decisions? And, how do your instructional decisions influence your use of technology?
- How can technology increase access to significant mathematics to all students? How do you promote social justice for access to and facility with technology in learning mathematics?
- How are you thinking differently about your use of technology as a result of participating in the Learn-Reflect strand? What are some of the steps you plan to take to promote growth in your own use of technology
Where to find Wifi?
You can check email and browse the Web at an internet kiosk near the registration area. But Wifi? We're looking into it. So far the word is that it is free everywhere. This I got to see. More about that when I arrive in AC.
Lost your program book?
Lost your program book?
You can access it online. (click on book's image.) See also how you can use the Conference app on your smartphone to help you find sessions. You can download it here.
Where to find CLIME (in person):
- October 19-21, 2011 - NCTM Regional Conference in Atlantic City. CLIME will be exhibiting and promoting Math 2.0. Visit them at Booth #116.
|CLIME in Exhibit Area-|
- February 14, 2012 - AMTNJ Winter Conference, Somerset, NJ. Talk: Math 2.0 Teaching and Learning Maths with Dynamic Math Tools in a Web 2.0 World
- April 25-27, 2012 - NCTM Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA. Presenting and exhibiting. Read more about it.
- April, 2012 - CLIME sponsored online math & technology conference (tentatively planned) More details to follow.
Post a Comment