CLIME is kicking off the 2011-2012 season.
Latest blog: "Yesterday I found out that I won a lottery that will cost me money" (I'll be speaking at the NCTM 2012 annual meeting.)
Invitation to participate in Conrad Wolfram's math summit in London in November
Sol Lederman writes: I'm helping to organize a summit in London in November to further the vision of Conrad Wolfram and his organization, computerbasedmath.org, which aims to recreate the math curriculum to have computers do the computing while kids do the thinking.
We would love to see people at the summit who have a strong commitment to math education reform, whether those people be in education, government, or the private sector. If you are aligned with Conrad's vision (more information below) and would like an invitation to the summit, please send me an email and I will send you an invitation.
Sol Lederman for computerbasedmath.org
From the twitter feed
Keith Devlin will be speaking at the Momath event in NYC on Sept. 6th and 7th. I hope someone tapes him. Maybe I will.
|Click to see Keith's recent tweets|
Where is CLIME?
- October 19-21, 2011 - NCTM Regional Conference in Atlantic City. CLIME will be exhibiting and promoting Math 2.0.
- February 14, 2012 - AMTNJ Winter Conference, Somerset, NJ. Presentation.
- April 25-27, 2012 - NCTM Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA. Presenting and exhibiting.
- April, 2012 - CLIME sponsored online math & technology conference (tentatively planned)
- More details to follow.
Friends of CLIME news
- In case you missed Steve Rasmussen's (Key's Prez) 5min ignite presentation at NCTM11 here it is. -link
|Some CLIME nostalgia|
I'm Looking Forward to the NCTM Conference in 2012 (or Maybe Not) - link